Wednesday, November 19, 2014

when it pours it rains

Tomorrow we are scheduled for the big pouring of the slab.  It was originally scheduled for today, which was a beautiful perfect concrete pouring day, but it was pushed until tomorrow for some reason.  As luck would have it, or not have it depending on the level of sarcasm, there is a 40% chance of rain tomorrow followed by a day of 60% and right into a day of 100%.  Everyone seems a bit less concerned with this than we are but I suppose that's how it goes when it's your ink on the check.  It seems like this stage has taken much longer than anyone anticipated and I know everyone is anxious to pour, myself included.  Let's hope they don't screw it up for the sake of convenience.  El, our architect, is planning on shooting a timelapse video of the whole thing which should be pretty awesome.  I'll keep you posted.

Other happenings include having to deal with the electric company which I would put in the top three most frustrating experiences of the process so far.  I'm convinced that there are only about 3 people that work in the entire utility company and the rest of it is just answering services and push button menus.  After about two and a half weeks of trying to get somebody out to the property I finally made it happen after several calls to a supervisor.  I was afraid the guy might be angry at my persistance and that he might make things more difficult for me.  My fears only deepened when he showed up onsite and proceeded to vape as we made introductions.  Luckily, the guy turned out to be alright and what I had in mind as far as where to run power turned out to be fine.  The temporary meter is already set up I just have to clear a few branches so there is a clear line of sight to the pole.

Here's a few pics below of recent work.  We'll let you know how the pour goes...............cheers





1 comment: