Monday, November 3, 2014

all about that base

I was talking to the foundation guy today and apparently the slab is taking more effort than anticipated. It seems they underestimated the amount of base that would be needed. They had 25 truckloads of base ordered and had to bump it up to 28. He told me there were something like 20 yards per truckload which translates to 560 yards of base!  Crazy I know.  I once ordered 2 yards of base for some landscaping. It took me about 3 years to distribute it. Most of that was due to procrastination but you get my point. These guys are working crazy hard. In fact, we stopped by on Saturday and we unexpectedly found these guys working. I figured the least I could do was buy the guys a 12 pack so that's what I did. 

They are just about done with the bagging and should be putting in the steel rebar next. I'm not sure it will be happening in the next couple of days since the forecast says there will be some serious rain. Not a problem, like I said before we wanted to delay the pour until next week anyway so we would be in town.  How could we miss it?  At this point the pouring of the slab is the first real physical step, the first actual symbolic gesture, the first, dare I say, "concrete" transition from concept to reality........



No comments:

Post a Comment